Treating an Array of Substance Use & Mental Health Disorders
At Tennessee Wellness Center, we provide several treatment programs for individuals struggling with a range of substance misuse/abuse disorders and behavioral and mental health conditions.
Learn more about our Knoxville addiction and mental health treatment programs:
Because every individual is unique, we tailor our programs to meet each client’s specific needs.
Taking the first step can be challenging, but with Tennessee Wellness Center, hope is possible.
How Our Programs Work
We are not an inpatient or residential facility. This means that our clients do not sleep/live at our center but, instead, continue living and sleeping at home while commuting to the center multiple times a week. Depending on the type of program and the needs of the individual client, this may involve coming to the center every day or every few days.
On some occasions, an individual may need to undergo supervised detox or hospitalization prior to beginning one of our outpatient programs. For those needing inpatient services, whether to safely complete detox under 24-hour supervision or due to severe behavioral or mental health issues, we are more than happy to recommend an appropriate facility.
Our programs involve a range of therapies and treatments that are customized to fit the needs of each individual.
Depending on your specific situation, your treatment program may include some or a combination of the following:
- Individual Talk Therapy: As one of the most effective forms of addiction and mental health treatments, talk therapy has been proven to help individuals struggling to overcome substance use disorders, as well as manage a range of mental health conditions, including depression and anxiety.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): CBT is a type of talk therapy that centers on identifying and changing thought patterns to positively affect behaviors. The goal of CBT is to end the cycle of negative self-talk and self-destructive behavior, which often work to reinforce one another.
- Family Therapy: Addiction is a family disease, meaning it doesn’t only affect the individual but entire families. Family therapy focuses on healing important relationships through improving communication and resolving conflicts. This is often a critical element in a person’s recovery and/or mental health management.
- Group Therapy: Group therapy is similar to individual talk therapy but rather than a one-on-one conversation between you and your therapist, you meet with a group of people going through similar experiences to your own. Group therapy can allow individuals to see issues, challenges, and potential solutions in a new light and provide critical support during recovery.
- Support Group Meetings: Support groups involve a group of people who have undergone similar experiences coming together to provide each other with advice, comfort, and encouragement. Support groups can be very beneficial to individuals who are struggling, as well as the family members of those dealing with addictions and mental health disorders.
- Aftercare: Aftercare refers to ongoing support once an individual has officially completed their treatment program. In most cases, continued support and encouragement, as well as ongoing therapy and support group meetings, are key elements of successful long-term sobriety and mental health management.
Throughout the process, you will receive the continued support and guidance of your Tennessee Wellness Center team. We also work with families to facilitate healing and help our clients build a united front with their loved ones in their recovery and treatment.
Join Our Family & Begin the Healing Process
Whether you are struggling with addiction or a serious mental health condition, or you are concerned about someone you love, taking the first step in seeking professional help is never easy. You likely have a lot of questions about how the process works and what you can expect with our programs. We are happy to discuss any questions or concerns you may have, whether you are seeking information for yourself or on behalf of a loved one.
At Tennessee Wellness Center, we know what you are going through because we have been there ourselves. Several of our founding members have struggled with and overcome addiction. This provides us with a truly unique understanding of your experience and a powerful motivation to help you on your journey to sobriety. As your support team, we are there for you every step of the way.
At Tennessee Wellness Center, we have developed effective, clinically proven programs to treat a wide range of substance use disorders, addictions, and behavioral and mental health conditions.
Our programs focus on:
We understand the complexities involved in treating various addictions and mental health disorders. Because of this, our programs are designed to address not only the addiction or symptoms of a disorder but also the underlying trauma and challenges the person is facing. With an emphasis on whole-person wellness, our Knoxville addiction and mental health programs aim to empower you with the skills you need to effectively manage your disease and go on to live a healthy, happy, productive life.
We are happy to assist both potential clients and their loved ones with any questions they may have.